Wednesday 9 December 2015

Paprika and cumin pulled lamb with tomato and butter beans

I dont know about you guys but I use my slow cooker all through summer. I cooked this the other night and it made a lot so Im having it again tonight, but using it to mix through some pasta :)
If you want to make a dryer lamb leave out the stock.
I had it with coleslaw with a swirl of my new favorite sauce chipotle mayonnaise! I love the taste of the smoky chillis :)
Leftover ideas you can use as a baked potato topping, as a pie filling, pasties, a base for shepards pie, on a pizza, mixed through some pasta, so many things!!

Serves 6-8

Ingredients
1.2kg half leg of lamb or similar, you can use 1-2kg
4 tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup of chicken or beef stock, you could use a little red wine here also
1 tbsp paprika
3 tsp cumin
1 tsp celery salt- you can leave out if you don’t have it
1 brown onion, chopped
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
1x 400g can of rinsed and drained butter beans

Method
Chuck everything in the slow cooker and put on low for the day. When done take out the lamb and pull apart using 2 forks. Then add back into the slow cooker and mix through the sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment